View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 11:11 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Botox injections complete.

It was a breeze. There's no reason for concern around the actual prodedure. Dr. spent 5 minutes explaining, 5 minutes preparing, and after numbing the skin, the injection was done in a matter of seconds.

I was told to "lay low" for a couple of days, but to be honest, I feel like nothing took place. Working same day not an issue.

It was interesting to note that it takes two weeks for the botox to make an impact (if it does at all). Also, Dr Donahue's office indicated that on average, relief is seen for 60 days (if at all), and that 70% of patients see relief.

To be honest, I'm on the fence for what I'd like to see. If there's complete relief, that may mean that I'm a candidate for surgery down the line if symptoms increase. If there's no relief, ok no surgery, but then the question is, what is the issue.

I'll keep everyone updated on how I feel in a couple weeks. In terms of my symptoms, my pain level is quite minimal -- usually a 0 to 1 on the pain meter most days while a flare up can ratchet things up to a 2 or 3. Not terrible, but an inconvenience for sure.

Be back in a couple weeks.

KY
kyoun1e is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
chroma (03-02-2012), ladylaura418 (03-04-2012)