View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 02:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atma Namaste View Post
Thanks --- did you continue to take the meds at the same time of day, and just reduce the dosage, or do you now take the L-dopa doses farther apart? Did you start out with 200mg of Comtan with every dose of L-dopa, or did you start off gradually --- I read a suggestion to start off taking Comtan with every other dose, and work up ... ?
I kept with my original timings, three a day, and added entacapone to one dose for a week at a time, starting with the last dose of the day, then the middle, then the morning. By the end of the third week it was clear I was a bit over medicated so started to reduce down in the same way. All in all it took a couple of months of slow changes..... I do take the doses around 4 and a half hours apart - with sinemet alone the had been getting very close together, and had just added a 4th dose to the day on my neuro's advice. My PD nurse differed as she thought I still looked under-medicated and thought maybe the extra l-dopa was of no benefit if it was not getting to where it was needed.
lindylanka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Atma Namaste (03-05-2012)