View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 08:15 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Kelly, My neuro is very different from the way you described the neuro you see. When I was first dx, he recommended I read about MS at the NMSS website He tells me about current therapies and new ones in the pipeline, and then asks me if I have read anything else about them. He considers my opinions. He also asked me to send him copies once of a few studies that he had not seen. I have taken other information to him and he reads it and discusses it with me. for example, I remember discussing an article on statins and MS once with him. I think most neuros are going to strongly suggest DMD'd therapies to patients. It is not in their nature to do nothing or to agree to a therapy that has no scientific evidence to back it up. That is how they are trained.

He is retiring in December. I am concerned about finding a new one. I guess I should also add that I do not know if he treats all of his patients this way. I think the fact that I am a college professor may have some impact on his behavior. I do not go to a MS clinic. But he seems to be one of the few neuros around here that sees a lot of MS patients.
barb02 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (03-02-2012), Dejibo (03-02-2012), hollym (03-06-2012), Kitty (03-01-2012), SallyC (03-01-2012)