View Single Post
Old 04-04-2007, 11:59 AM
Member aka Dianna Wood

15 yr Member
Member aka Dianna Wood

15 yr Member
Default Diagnosing

The problem I see with diagnosing Parkinson's Disease is no one seems to take into account the cascading effects of the disease; constipation, Kidney's have to process more protein, younger woman's meds don't work around their cycle, claiming obesity is a higher risk factor for Parkinson's rather than the drugs we take causing obesity as well as the dopamine required by the pancreas to regulate glucose released into the body doesn't work so well causing the obesity. A huge list of symptoms, other than movement problems, could be made to confirm the diagnosis of Parkinson's disease. The Movement Disorder doctors and Neurologists are so focused on their specialties that many refuse to see the whole patient and think outside the box.

CS, try bringing your doses of Sinemet down. Sounds like you may be overdosing. I personaly prefer the tremors and slowness of thought, to the dyskenias. I would also suggest you see your primary care physician to be sure your kidneys are not being damaged by the amount of protein your body is putting out due to the excessive movement. Be sure to drink lots of water. Try taking some valium or other muscle relaxant instead of increasing your dosage of Carpadopa/levadopa. In the long term it will cause less damage. So what if it is addictive. If it doen't damage your body as much as Sinemet, it will be better over the long term.

Love,
Vicky
vlhperry is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote