View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 11:36 PM
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Norton should have settings somewhere in it for automatic updates, it must be turned off on yours for some reason.
Usually would be found in sections labelled - options, preferences, settings
I'd locate that and set it to auto update.

It should have settings for a scan schedule, maybe you need to find those and set it more often and/or a more in depth scan.

go to the Norton website if you need details on use & settings, I haven't used it so can't help much. http://us.norton.com/support/

My Zone Alarm is set to update every hour, and is set to quick scan every 3 days, normal scan biweekly, deep scan 6 months.

Regular FF is up to 10.0.2 now, but I stopped mine at 9.01 for awhile since the quick & often FF releases get ahead of the Zone Alarm security engine.

does the computer only jump around and act weird when using FF?
test it with IE to see if it still happens
also use some other program on the computer to see if it happens then also.

sometimes the mouse gets dirty underneath and a cleaning fixes the problem if it is mouse related.

If you click the Help button at the top of FF and go down to About Firefox - that will tell you the version you have and there is a button to check for updates, might be worth a try.

The updates you installed on Norton should be fine if it was all done and processed - it might be set to check for updates before doing a scan, so that was why it tried checked for updates again.