View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 07:43 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I didnt like my local neuro. he was very dismissive, and originally told me I was "too old to have MS" I went off to the big girl MS center and they said "you have had it a long time!" and I loved the staff! then...staff changes, they find this glioma in my head, and shift me over to a neuro surgeon who specializes in MS. He pushed hard to get me on Ty, now this was after the other side of the clinic told me some scary things about it, and how I should take the JC virus test first...this guy really seemed to be on the take from the TY company to me. All of a sudden this place went from ZERO taking it to half of the patients being on it.

This guy lasted about two years and then we got a whole new team in. The new lady is very sweet, but very dumb. She is amazed when I tell her I am NOT taking your meds. I am NOT doing an MRI every six months. I am NOT going to look into Gylina till its been on the market at least one year. That folks would not be dropping dead from it. she was so clueless she said "oh, no one has died from that drug." um..do you read???! So, I allowed her to be clueless and I moved on.

She recently left, and now I have yet another new guy. Very sweet man, he really is quite awesome, but he pushes hard for me to get on a DMD train. I sat him down and said "look, this is the way its going to be. I am NOT going to take your DMDs, I am NOT going to do steroids unless its for my optic nerve, and I am NOT going to do six month MRIs. if you can handle that I will be back next year or will call if I have an attack." He was stunned.

I see a local neuro for most of my care. Amazing man. He listens, he is kind, and when I say NO to the DMD he says, "i would prefer to see you on something to fight with, but I understand your choice. You are well researched, and are not just whining, you are well educated, and know what the risks are that you are taking." He gives me meds as I request them, and knows that I wont request them unless im struggling.

so, as you can see, just in MY little life there have been a revolving door of Neuros and I get a different attitude from each. Makes me crazy that they are not all on the same page. Please dear God let them all figure out that we are HUMAN and that we dont all react the same to these drugs. Some of us have bad depression, some of us see no effects. some of us die! Some of us are too scared to try anymore.

I say go get a new one! and if he is a jerk, get a another new one. Lather, rinse repeat till you find one that YOU like and listens to you.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (03-02-2012), hollym (03-06-2012), SallyC (03-02-2012)