Old 03-02-2012, 09:55 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Did you ever try the Lidoderm patches?

Placed over the instep they numb the nerves going to the toes.
YEARS AGO. He would cut them and wrap them around each toe. (I just asked him ) and he just said "It didn't do a good a job as the lidocaine cream that I use every night).

So he has tried compound creams, etc. but the better thing now is the lidocaine cream and even better is the shot.

But I just looked up some info about the shot and I just found this.

(Alan was once told (because of his allergic reaction to Celebrex) that he should not have anything in the same family. So he always tells his doctors "I can't take sulfites). We told this doctor yesterday and he said "No sulfites ).

Really? Read this
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Injection dexamethasone sodium phosphate-lidocaine HCl contains sodium bisulfate, a sulfite, a sulfite that may cause allergic-type reactions including anaphylactic symptoms and life-threatening or less severe asthmatic episodes in certain susceptible people. The overall prevalence of sulfite sensitivity in the general population is unknown and probably low. Sulfite insensitivity is seen more frequently in asthmatic than nonasthmatic people.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now I'm going to go and look up Celebrex and see if I got that wrong about the sulfites.

Thanks, Melody

-----------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE. Just read about how many people are confusing allergy to sulfa with allergic reaction to sulfites and sulfates.

Common confusion. Alan had no bad reaction to this injection.

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote