Old 03-02-2012, 11:45 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Red face I'm going to write my own lessons

Dear Bizi, Bobby, Mari.

thanks so much for your support!

I have decided "adopting" a book might be as much work.

I am going to prep my own lessons.

There is plenty of material on the internet where i can get an idea of what is too little/too much - first issue i have. My second issue is with certain rules - natural use is one thing... expressing the usage as rules is another. Again, i can check this information while developing the lesson plan, to make sure i express it accurately to the student.

School "standards" : When i took the C# class at this school, the "manual" they were supposed to provide did not exist. teacher recommended a book which they bought for me - it was great and appropriate for my professional standing, but nothing to do with the course. Their English courses do not even include a manual. the "course" i was taught was totally adlibbed from stuff ripped off the internet - literally, from different sources, and i received no material other than the few exercises. The course content did not even totally correspond to what they advertised... LOL.

I believe i can put together something more cohesive than that! I have to remind myself i cannot be perfect. perfection does not exist. it just needs to be good enough. i am pretty fussy and meticulous - to a fault in fact, so most likely it will be good enough - certainly for the standards of this school. In fact the hardest part for me, will be not over-doing.

The student does not have their very skeletal "requirements list," only i do, and it basically turns out i can really just teach what i see fit. She expects to learn some English from scratch. On the first day, i will ask her if she has specific needs (any particular reason for taking the course?) I will tailor the content accordingly.

FACT: Short of a natural disaster or similar, the student SHALL learn some basic English. That is the whole point.

My dad said something cool. He said, don't worry about getting a textbook, just go there and once you start you'll be fine, you'll see.

~ waves ~
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (03-02-2012), Brokenfriend (03-03-2012), DiMarie (03-16-2012), Dmom3005 (03-02-2012), Mari (03-02-2012), mymorgy (03-03-2012)