View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 12:39 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

inspirational player,

Welcome to NeuroTalk. Sorry to hear of your struggles.

Your symptoms sound like Multiple Impact Syndrome combined with a lifetime of sub-concussive impacts. I can understand the pothole on the forklift incident. I have similar problems.

There is not much you can do at this stage except for feeding your brain the right stuff so it can work at its optimum level. You did not mention whether anybody ever got you started on a brain healthy diet.

You can do you brain a good favor by supplementing your diet with B-12 (500 to 1000mcgs), A B-50 or B-100 complex, D3, Omega 3's, a potent multi-vitamin like GNC Mega Men or equivalent, all of the anti-oxidants, some meat protein (pork is best) to get BCAA's. .

Limit caffeine and alcohol to one serving per day max.

You return of symptoms may be caused by a combination of events. First, you recent bumps and jarring of your brain. Second, your age. As one approaches 40 years old, the brain becomes less tolerant of past injuries.

I doubt a neuro will do much for you. Better to learn to take care of your brain so it can function better.

This nutritional regimen will take a few months to start to notice a difference as the brain needs to flush out the toxins built up in the tissues after so many injuries.

Hope this helps.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
pretdou (05-26-2012), Theta Z (10-18-2012)