View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 03:14 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Shocked aaaaggggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!

I clicked on "About Firefox" and it just started updating, I now have FF 12 beta 'Aurora'. It seems to work a lot better so far but I wish I could get off the Beta thing, I clicked on an offered update for that once before I knew what it was and now that's all I get. aagghh! I don't think its jumping around as much but have not used it much yet.

THEN, it always says it is not compatible with Norton 3.0 and that makes me paranoid so I looked at Norton and I guess its ok with 360 but....Norton has a place for 'my network' and I clicked on that and it said I needed product configuration...is that with the new FF? " "Initialize a network component in order to complete your request." I tried to look up definition and it said something about operating, loads files, drivers, etc., sounds important...? Should I do that? Will something deteriorate if I don't?

I haven't had a Norton tool bar for the last few updates. I will try that when I get over this trauma. I get very disgusted with the incompatibility between Norton and FF but decided to keep Norton at least until I take it in for service and someone else can make the changes. I vaguely understand Norton and it seems to do a good job when I don't miss updates. I'm not sure if it would work on automatic update with my slow dial up but what do I know.

Thanks,
Judi
zygopetalum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote