View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 04:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Reply from Pat Toomey, U.S. Senator, Pennsylvania

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc4less View Post
Do you have a link to the text of the bill? Like to read these in advance of contacting our two senators,
Thanks,
Bruce
Please note I received the following reply from my Senator Pat Toomey
U.S. Senator, Pennsylvania -

March 2, 2012

Thank you for contacting me about the Transforming the Regulatory Environment to Accelerate Access to Treatments (TREAT) Act (S. 2113). I appreciate hearing from you.

As you may know, Senator Kay Hagan (D-NC) introduced S. 2113 on February 15, 2012. Among its provisions, this measure would empower the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to enhance their accelerated approval process for medical treatments. I understand your concern regarding the length of time the FDA currently takes to review drugs that treat serious or life-threatening conditions. S. 2113 is currently pending before the Senate Committee on the Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions for review. While I am not a member of this panel, please be assured that I will keep your thoughts in mind as work continues on this issue.

Thank you again for your correspondence. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future if I can be of assistance.

Sincerely,

Pat Toomey
U.S. Senator, Pennsylvania
wxxu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote