View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 06:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have recently started having sudden bouts of severe weakness recently that has landed me in ICU 4 times since July. I have learned that my potassium and sodium is often low with these episodes. I also figured out that I have become extremely sensitive to medications. I take Imitrex for my migraines, which always makes me at least slightly weaker. I have had to learn to evaluate and decide whether it's worth taking with each situation. Well we decided to try Maxalt hoping it would work better for my migraines and not make me as weak. That was what caused 3 severe excaberations. When I stoppped taking it I got much better. So despite these meds NOT being on any list I think a lot of meds affect us anyways. My most recent bout was with Metformin. That did the same thing.

So as the med hits I would become increasingly worse, walking, talking, and breathing. Then as the med leaves your system things would get better. I am not a dr but my drs did agree that these were most likely the culprits. I have still been having a hard time but so far no sudden, severe weakness. Hope this helps and hang in there!
momma3love is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Stellatum (03-02-2012)