View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 10:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69gto73 View Post
The moral of the story is that the diet is not as bad as you think and it might just make a huge difference in your life. Don't be afraid to give it a try. If it makes no difference at least you will know.
So true. I am not celiac, but my ex-wife and daughter are. I lived with them for 15 years and spent all that time being sensitive to the gluten-free diet. Back in the 90's there was no gluten-free food to be bought at the local A&P or Piggly Wiggly. And many doctors really didnt know much about it.

But, now you can walk into most grocery stores and find a gluten-free aisle or there are numerous gluten-free webstores. Heck, even many chain restaurants have a gluten-free menu now.

It really isnt that bad. Once you take away the bread products and replace them with the rice equivalents, and watch what you eat when out, its not too hard.

But, the main symptoms of celiac are nausea and stomach pains after eating gluten, facial blemishes (acne) and small red bumps on the skin (arms and legs and stomach mostly) and just feeling like crap.

So, go buy some meat, fruits and vegetables, lotsa rice and read the boxes of stuff you buy. Flour is not to be in them.

As others have said, just try it for like 2 weeks, write down what you ate and keep a journal just for giggles and see if you feel 10x better.

It will be worth it.....
Icehouse is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (03-05-2012)