Thread: Biofeedback
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 09:49 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Biofeedback

If you read through all the responses to the initial post - the common threads are two fold....
  1. The patients tried biofeedback/mediation/imagery during a flare up.
  2. The patients all said it is extremely difficult to concentrate and meditate while in pain.

The biggest reason biofeedback and meditation don't work is because it requires daily practice - like learning to play the piano - or learning a new skill -

The mind is bombarded every minute by noise - and to develop the practice of biofeedback/meditation - one has to set aside 5-10 minutes at least twice a day to begin with during which you tell yourself you will do your best at the exercises you were taught....

Do not try them during a flare up of pain - this is near to impossible for anyone but a buddhist monk - to control pain after it is off the charts....

If you discipline yourself - and do it regulary - like an exercise class scheduled at a certain time each day - do it no matter what - even if you can only hang on for 30 secs or 10 secs at first - keep trying...

I can tell you from my experience and many others - that the results will amaze you - and are worth your time and effort.

I have been doing meditation for about 2 years now and I still have many days that I can't do more than a few minutes or less - and I try again and again....

So even when you start to reap the benefits - you can fall back on any given day.

Do not give up - I believe this can change lives - and I never used to believe in meditation at all.....

K from WIS
thinkitdoit7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote