View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 07:48 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi ICE is a big no for rsd and for many like myself I can't tolerate massage either. It is very key to work with people who deal a lot with RSD. Is the person doing the block knowledgable about RSD. Have you started any meds like neurontin etc? If not I would look into that as well. It is important to start with least invasive and work your way to more. Some doctors will push $ treatments that may not help or could even make things worse so it is important to really weigh the pros and cons,try least invasive,and research.
For some people tens does help but for me again and I have heard others can't tolerate it. So it is about what works for you and some is trial and error.
Have you tried epsom salt baths or bath in general? What about pool therapy to keep moving?
I can't imagine how hard it is being a mom with rsd. I give everyone credit who is. I am sorry your husband is not supportive. Can you guys go to therapy and can you on your own? Getting assistance mentally is important with this. It does not take away the physical but can help one cope with it.
Hope you feel better
daniella is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote