View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 10:04 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Piriformis syndrome

I live in Milwaukee, WI and have been through everything you have tried -

First of all I have found that walking slowly on a mini tramp with socks only - start off with as many minutes as you can tolerate, only walk do not bounce or run - you will know within minutes if it is your piriformis that is the problem because it will pull/hurt like hell -

I am a life long athlete and exercise is both my daily saviour and my daily curse.

After 20 years of trouble from 9 major spinal surgeries being fused from head to toe with only two moveable levels left in my spine - I can tell you sometimes the simplest technique - something you don't even want to try turns out to help the most.

I also would like to point out that anytime you have a disc bulge - MRI's don't show if nerves are being impinged - or pressed etc....there are tons of nerves that branch out from the spinal cord - and your MRI results could be causing lots of pain from nerve impingement that is very difficult to see unless you have a myleogram which you don't ever want to do in my opinion having had 4 of them -

Try the mini tramp thing - make the investment - can't hurt - also meditation - now don't immediately roll your eyes - I used to think meditation was for "those types of people" not me - however - now I practice it daily and it has awesome results not only in terms of pain but all daily life situations....you become calmer - more at peace during situations that usually stress you out - you react slower with more thought - totally amazing...but difficult to learn and master - stick with it -

I see Advanced pain Management in Greendale WI - you may want to see them and see if they can offer you any other alternatives.

kelli
thinkitdoit7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Eowyn (03-04-2012)