Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Red face Hey, Alicia...

I did a search and found this....

http://www.indianpediatrics.net/nov2...-1175-1179.htm
Quote:
Dietary manipulations including high carbohydrate intake has been recommended to compensate for impaired gluconeogenesis and to decrease lipolysis. Anecdotal success has been reported with a number of vitamins and co-factors [riboflavin, vitamin K, vitamin C(12, 13), thiamin, nicotinamide, carnitine] and glucocorticosteroids. Coenzyme Q10 has been used most extensively in varied doses (10-120 mg/day) and found to be more consistently beneficial in some studies(14) clinically and on investigation (decrease in serum lactate, nerve conduction velocities, muscle metabolism measured by magnetic resonance spectro-scopy). On the other hand other workers obtained no response.

In conclusion, neurological mitochondrial disorders in children have a wide range of age of onset and clinical manifestations. Heightened awareness of these disorders would help towards proper diagnosis and treatment in many previously undiagnosed cases.
Your situation is highly specialized, with new data coming in all the time.
So I certainly am not "up there" except for what I can find on the net.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote