View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 01:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I meant "....when just transaxial approach is taken" above.

I saw my neurogurgeon, Dr. Ty (BASICSPINE) on 3/1/12. He was familiar with 1st rib resection and scalenectomy. He said that the fact that the intellishirt provides a measureable and immediately noticeable effect on symptoms that I should not give up on conservative treatment just yet. He referred me for an eval by a chiropractor, Dr. William Leach who he thought may be able to help. Apparently he utilizes the Pettibon system for posture correction (I've never heard of it), a search here returned no results. I'm a bit skeptical, but I'm desperate at this point.

In the afternoon of 3/1/12 I visited the clinic at the (UC Irvine) Susan Samueli Center for Integrative Medicine for a therapeutic massage. Melissa Ricker is a massage therapist with experience in successfully treating TOS. After just one session I have to say she is amazing. She was able to eliminate the pain & numbness in both hands. My neck was like a brick, and my headache did not improve. She said she would try and help more with the headache next visit. If you are in Orange County, you need to look her up. She's easily the best massage therapist I've encountered. She gave me hope that the chiro along with massage therapy can allow me to work.

My hopes were dashed 3/2/12 when the headache spread to the front of my face around the eyes and mouth. I went straight to the neurologist and I went downhill right in the office. My lips were numb, my face hurt, and I was losing my voice. He sent me to Hoag Hospital for an emergency workup to make sure there wasn't something wrong in the c-spine. They did MRI of the c-spine and brain and there were no problems. The neuro allowed me to come in Saturday for trigger point injections to give me some relief. I'm taking more hydrocodone now and my hand pain is returning in force. I'm unable to drive and I'm starting to believe that surgery is inevitable.

I am going to try and see Dr. Sheldon Jordan and Dr. Ahn as soon as possible. I would like to go see Dr. Brantigan but I'm sure I don't want to have surgery out of state. I think it will either be Gelabert or Ahn. I will keep this thread updated as I progress.
nospam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote