Thread: MG and fatigue
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 02:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
I'm still trying to understand this disease (and it would help if the durn thing would stay still and stop changing all the time!).
I loved that! It's so true.

Your post was just at the right time for me. Over the last few weeks I have been feeling much more tired, even though my MG has not been worse, and possibly even a bit better.

I tried discussing it with my neurologist, and he thought it may be unrelated to MG (which overall made sense).
At some point I just decided that if I am tired, even with no good explanation, I am going to just rest more, even if my MG doesn't seem to be that bad to require it.
I also decided that nothing is going to happen if I postpone some tasks, even if I am not crashing.

I thought that even patients with MG are entitled to be tired, just like other people, and you don't have to be hardly able to move to justify going to rest in bed. After a few days of taking this approach I gradually felt much better.

I realized that being forced to rest so many times because of MG, I forgot what it feels like to just be plain tired. Looking back I had many reasons to be plain tired.

Also, when most of what you can do is mental work, you do get mentally tired at some point. (I wonder if this ever happens to Steven Hawking).

It's nice to know that I am not alone in this.

P.S. I am too tired to read that article, but it does seem interesting .
alice md is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DesertFlower (03-04-2012)