View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 03:06 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Idiopathic has very few windows of opportunity, with all that fiber and calcium.

There is very little in the Lipoic to affect B12. B12 is absorbed by food and fiber, reducing availability to the passive action at the villi of the intestine. It is a mechanical thing like a sponge.
This is assuming that the intrinsic factor is not working.

The other option is to only take fiber once a day.
Mrs.D., my TSH abnormal since October 2011 even with the adjustment of Synthroid dosage every 5 weeks. I wanted to try the R-Lipoic Acid but when I asked my n eurologist, she said to wait until my TSH becomes normal. Though, she added that there has has been no concrete studies on the side effects of R-Lipoic on hypothyroidism, its better to be on the safe side.

On VitB12, my result last May 2011 was 908 pg/ml (211-946), but you mentioned that there is no known toxicity on VB12 so I am taking now 5000mcg. Did you say that if my symptoms do not improve within 3 months, this means that it will not do much. One thing I notice when I started taking the Methycobalamin is that I dont get so tired as I used to. Though I still feel tired but I know that this tiredness is caused by the pain.
Idiopathic PN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote