View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 04:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Strange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy C View Post
Thanks For Sharing Your Experience, as I'm faced with what is being presented as A Decision, I must make, however its more that I'm being told as the Only Option. Which is Very Unsettling!

As I came here to NeuroTalk after my second back surgery & Some Real Hairy Post Op Complications! Had gotten better but took a Very Bad Fall, and Problems started Up to were I'm at today.

As I recalled NeuroTalk & Came back to see what I could Find Out! My Hope to get a Balance of Information! Since My Pain had gotten really Bad.

Well Here is what I posted:

Support / Info from others on Experience of Spinal Cord Stimulation Therapy.

Hello;

I had joined this group to look into support at a Time w. back problems and that of Stress from recovery of Back Surgery & problems which I know to be the Worse type of pain, I've come to know personally. And yes Pain is such a Lonely Personal Experience I've come to understand.

No I'm not here looking for others to feel Sorry for me but to Connect with Others that Understand what pain can do to oneself!

But I had 2 Bad Colds and Extreme Bouts of Coughing Spells that Set off what Seemed to Be a BUBBLE that Blow Up In My Back that happened Several Times~

Now I'm here to see if there are others that have experience w/ The BIG PUSH I'm being GIVEN ~ As explained it is "DUE TO CHANGES OF LAW" here IN ARKANSAS & Being PUSHED into & being TOLD ~ I have to HAVE ~ Neuro Spinal Pain Stimulator's.

So I too am Hoping there are others who can give some Input as Well! About their experience with Neuro Spinal Cord Stimulation Therapy!

As I've been experiencing increased Nerve Electrical Shocking Pain, in fact I thought my Hubby was going to have to RUSH me to the Hospital due to the Pain that Catches me off guard, Stops me DEAD in the Tracks, As thou I'm being slammed by Grim Reaper Knife "Scythe" Slamming into my Hip Bone & Ripping down my Leg MUSCLE and Thru My BONES as Well! Not to mention the Muscle that Start Spasming from Such Extreme Amounts of Pain!

But instead of being able to see the Doctor, to get some relief I receive & no return Calls Till I implore PLEASE after Weeks of asking for A Return Call. But Now as its gotten So I need help! Because Pain Level has gotten So I'm getting Bouts of these Electrical Shocks! Not the Norm BUT EXTREAM! EXTREAM As there was Not just RIPPING BUT THE GRIPPING OF WELL INTO A Minute of this INTENSE AMOUNT OF PAIN for 1-2 Min's' It was not the Norm of this Extreme Level of NERVE Pain ~ That usually is A Rippling that Shots thru my Leg but Was GRIPPING NON STOP PAIN!

Still have not been able to see anyone till I see & Have Psych. Evaluation, as there is Nothing else I can receive help from because of Such as its Stated, due to Laws of Pain Medications, even when requesting a Spine Injection to help relieve this Level of Pain, since its as thou I'm experiencing Same Like Spinal Leak Headache as I'm now experiencing Headaches, as well Numbness in Both Legs and Weakness, not to mention Nausa as well!

So Yes I too am Looking for Support of Others! & Anyone who has Experience With Neuro Spinal Cord Stimulation Therapy. As Due to what I'm being Told I have No Other Choice! Which is Distressing unto itself being told I have no other Option! I have called my Back Spine Doc. Even thou I don't wish to have More Surgery, but with what’s going on its Just Not the Norm in Pain, with Activity, as I'm not able to do any Activity, as it Brings Me Pain!

As I'm so Stressed too and Reaching Out for Help as Well!

Please if others could reply as to their Experience

Thx's Cindy
I've had 7 years of Spinal Cord Stimulator Treatment. Successful,Except I have no relief when the leads or the machine itself needs replacing. Your symptoms are strange-have you tried turning down the level of power with your remote control? This should reduce the electrical shock sensation.
Whether there is a change of law or not in Arkansas,makes no difference to pain treatment. Pain Psych. Evaluation normal before SCS Implantation. But as regards the Law? No-one can operate unless you sign a permit first.
Some deep breathing and relaxation exercises will help you until you see your Pain Consultant. Good luck.
Frankie071 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (03-04-2012), Rrae (03-04-2012)