View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 10:14 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssg7 View Post
Back in April 2010 I was a victim of assault and punched in the back of the head. I started to experience concussive type symptoms about a week after: Inability to concentrate, "foggy/buzzy" sensation. I seemed to be on the road to recovery about 4 weeks after the incident but i prematurely headed back to the gym and the symptoms came back.

After about another month things seemed to be getting better however i had a few drinks with some friends and again the symptoms returned. It has now been 5 months after the initial concussion and I am still getting the symptoms (though drastically lower). The worse part of it is that i am currently in professional school and it is very difficult for me to get any time off. I have taken a 2 week leave of absence hoping things will get better.

I am so worried that it has become permanent and that i will have to live with this for the rest of my life. It has been a really frustrating experience. I am constantly depressed and all i do is think about the concussion. I just want to be able to focus on school and get my life back to normal.

What are the chances of me getting better? What kind of things can I do to get better? What should i avoid? It would be nice to hear some stories of people who had symptoms pertain for so long that got better, any hope would be great.
I am currently in the same condition you have described. How are you doing today? What did you do to get better? I realize this is a long-shot to receive a reply, but any information would be very much appreciated.
usa555 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote