View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 07:54 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

As my daughter says, "who cares what the test results say?!" Try the diet for at least one month to six weeks. If you feel better, you did your own test. Then try to add in something wheat based and see how you feel. Did you get diarrhea? a headache? body aches? the hyperifomus rash?

GF diets have come very far in the last ten years. When my kid was dxd a while back they didnt have fancy isles in the grocery store that had only GF products. you had to make your own, or suffer without. now there are cupcakes, and cereals that are an easy pick. Watch out for things like soy sauces, or seasonings that may have gluten products in them.

I overheard a women in a restaurant being so picky about GF and then she asked for the terryaki chicken without asking what the marinade was. She left feeling itchy and sick to her stomach, and couldnt figure out why. I saw her in the parking lot and suggested that next time she think about the things the meat was soaked in. Many soy sauces have wheat.

YOU MUST READ ALL LABELS till you get to know what does and doesnt have Gluten in it. Once you figure it out, then...you can become creative with cooking, and seasoning, and new dishes.

Best of luck to you.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote