Thread: Sweet relief!
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 01:56 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile Sweet relief!

Just arrived home from my first lumbar sympathetic nerve block (I've had RSD for about a month now). It was a huge success in my opinion - about 70 - 80% pain reduction. I was so relieved that I sobbed like a baby!! I think I startled those around me. As soon as I started crying everyone kinda jumped into action asking what was wrong and if I was okay. I was snot-sobbing so hard it took me a few minutes to explain that they were tears of relief. I can even move my toes!!! Oh my Dear Lord, what a huge relief! I feel like I'm kinda waiting on pins and needles for the pain to return, since they dont know how long the block will last, but I'm trying very, very hard to distract myself! I have PT tomorrow - I cant wait to see the look on my PT's face when he sees how dramatic the change is! I know that many of you didnt get the much needed relief from the block, but for those that did; about how long did it last? And how should I approach PT? Should I really push it, or could that make the pain come back faster?? Thank you!
Neko1221 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (03-05-2012), kathy d (03-06-2012)