View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 02:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Wow, Karl Thanks!

Karl, thanks a bunch! I have TEA bookmarked but really have not used them.

I too have what would be be described by Erythromelalgia. In both feet, I have aches, burning, and redness (and hot) on the tops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal1700 View Post
1) Neurontin in large doses to treat the burning pain. This is probably the most significant drug to treat Erythromelalgia.
Yes, that has worked for me. It has taken away much of the pain. Most significant is the redness does not appear much.

Quote:
2) Diltiazem, which is a calcuim channel blocker.
This sounds interesting, but since my BP runs low, do you think they would let me try this?

Quote:
3) Intervenous Immune Globulin (to treat my CIDP based neuropathy).
There's a new are for me to research. Thanks.

Quote:
4) Magnesium in large doses. (The diareah that accompanies the ingestion of Magnesium can be averted with the use of acidophollis products.) Note that this magnesium treatment was later the subject of a Medical Journal Article. That study indicated that Magnesium was successfull in the useful in treating Erythromelalgia.
I have tried Chelated Magnesium, but maybe not enough, or long enough. By large does, what do you mean?

Quote:
The Erythrmelalgia Association (TEA) has a good sized library of literature on treating this disorder which is available for free to their members. TEA is a non-profit organization. The membership fee is tax deductible.
I am a member, but did not know there was a library. How do you get to that?

Quote:
In general, Neurontin, followed by the anti-depressant Zoloft or Effexor seem to have the most likely chance of improving the person affected by the condition of the person, and will often provide the sufferer with near remission or better.
Wow, did not know about that treatment option. Thanks!
dac122 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote