View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 04:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I am 21 years old. In September 2011 I got a whiplash concussion playing intramural football (no helmet). It was my first concussion since April 2008, (healed within a few days) and my 2nd possibly 3rd concussion overall. Since the concussion in September I have had the classic post concussion symptoms, headaches, fatigue, dizziness, feeling bogged down. I seemed to be on the road to recovery but was never able to heal, I believe due to excessive drinking and working out. A couple weeks into February my symptoms had gotten considerably worse. I also began experiencing upper neck pain for the first time, something which I believe was originally caused by the whiplash. I have been going to physical therapy for my neck and head at a concussion clinic near by. Since my latest wave of symptoms I have stopped drinking and have only been lightly working out. I was advised by a neuropsychologist to "get back in the swing of things", meaning a return to school, (missed a week of classes) and a normal college life. What should I be doing to get over PCS. Is it beneficial to be pushing myself both cognitively and physically in this stage of the recovery? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
usa555 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote