Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member
Default Sophie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie_ View Post
Hi guys

I am wondering if anyone on here, especially the long-term members or those on long term medication, has anyone suffered from fluid retention? At the moment not even my wedding ring will fit me. I have to admit since this back problem became such a problem I've put on some weight but in the past no matter my weight my ring fingers were never a problem. Im on a lot of meds and I know this is causing the problem but there's nothing I can do about that.

Anyone any wonderful ideas of how to get rid of the fluid? I bet someone has a special drink? I do drink plenty of water so I have that one covered.

Thank you

Sinéad xxx
I have been on meds since my spine fusion/laminectomy a little over 5 years ago. About 3 years ago, I started retaining fluids. (I did have bladder surgery about that time; the Urologist told me the retaining of fluids is because I am getting older; (Did I get that much older in two weeks?) My swelling/edema is in my legs and feet.

Unfortunately, the only way I have been able to control this is taking the water pills daily prescribed by my Internist. But, I do not have any trouble with my ring size changing in spite of some weight gain. Have you changed meds recently??

(Ger)
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (03-05-2012), Rrae (03-05-2012), Sophie_ (03-05-2012)