View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 04:55 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

By far the worst part of PCS is the waiting. It is magnified for those of us who are go-getters. We tend to be far more anxious, too.

I am fortunate in that all of my problem symptoms are managed well with Paxil (60mgs) for the anxiety and looping thinking and gabapentin for the body jerks and need to relax my mind to sleep. Neither effects my cognitive performance.

When I was on clonazepam ( a benzo like Xanax and Ativan ), my days were miserable. I was foggy too much.

The Paxil took a while to get used to but it was worth the effort.

I am a firm believer in minimal medication due to the myriad of side-effects from the mix of too many.

It helps me immensely to find simple tasks to do with my hands. It keeps my brain occupied without over stressing it.

We just squeak by financially but that is OK. When I look at the families who are struggling worse than us and have no disability, I know we are OK. Now, If I can just get my finger to spell "know" properly. They are determined to spell it knwo. But, I have to let those little annoyances go. They are not a battle worth fretting about.

Try spelling/typing this word: amitriptyline.
If you spell checker underlines it, check the suggested correction. If it does not underline it, spell it with an error and see what the spell check suggests.

My spell check suggests I am trying to type 'pantyliner.'

Now, how does a sophisticated computer program make such a glaring error? When we complain about our own brains, just remember spell check. At least we don't speak the errors like spell check suggests.

I misspell words so often that my spell check is clogged with the misspellings because I erroneously clicked on 'add to dictionary' when I was trying to click on the correct word. I ahve to routinely edit my spell check dictionary.

We can go on even if our brain's fail us from time to time. There are many people with healthy brains that struggle worse than our injured brains. I see them driving and texting on their cell phones at the same time. Who said they can have the whole road?

My best to you all.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tamisue (03-06-2012)