View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 05:14 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCPZ33 View Post
Hello my name is "Steeve", I am almost 17 years old, in grade 11 and was previously a strong student athlete. But today I feel I am a shadow of everything I once was.

I have played hockey all my life and recently played football.

My concussion history is as follows:

11 YO: I took a hit in which someone was shouldering my head to the boards. I suffered immediate vison, dizziness and balance symptoms but had no loss of conciousness. After the game I proceeded to feel incredibley nauziaed and really crapy for lack of a better word. Already the next morrning I seemed to feel way better then the night before and within a week or two I was playing AAA hockey once again. This had no affect on my acedemics.

13 YO: I took an open ice hit in which I recived an elbow to my head. (Seach up Nickalas Backstom, it's very similar) This concussion was almost completely identical to the first one and even though the first night was terrible, within about 2 weeks I had fully recovered. I do remeber that for this one, the next few days proceeding I had pretty strong painswhen it came to moving my head. (a little more than the first time around)

14 YO: I was hit into the boards by two people. I was knocked out and still to this day do not have complete memory of the event. (about 3 seconds or so) I was out for maybe 30 seconds and I remember I had my eyes opened and all I could see was black. I also had extreme weakness in my rams and legs as I couldn't get up for this breif moment. I then got up and could see and sat off for the rest of the game. This healed really fast and while I had flashy vison (blured) I wasn't nausiaded, I was just really "out of character" (just acting wierd). Docters told me that this wasn't a concussion but a "head injury". I'll let you guys decide if it should count.

16 YO, late oct 2012: I was tackled in football by a 200+ lbs nose takle nad bieng a 145lbs RB it really killed. The tackle got me extended upwards and backpedaling so when I finally went down there was a large amount of snaping backwards in neck (whiplash) and all the impact was prettymuch just on the back of my head. Unlike the rest, this one hasn't cleared yet. I had no nauisa so I tricked myself into thinking I was ok. HUGE MISTAKE. I took part in 1 hockey tryout, a couple street hockey games and moving all of the crap out of my dads place

I think I have PCS and I am 4 months into recovery. I don't feel very much better day to day. I get headaches, am sensitive to light and sound, I can't concentrate and my vision is really wierd.

My vison is like when you wake up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom. When it's dark and your eyes have become adapted you can see but everything is really flashy. I have this all day and every day. I also have a slight vertical double image when I look at things. (Esspecially with lights or anything white)

I am getting a CAT scan tomorrow after at least a month of waiting. I have had a neck Xray that is yet to be analyzed. I am still on wait for a neurologist. I have had massage for my neck any yet it might be fractured. I feel extemely sad and I almost fear going to school now. I used to be a 90 average student and now I am getting 70s with headaches throughout my school work. Are things getting better and I just can't notice? Will I ever get better? I would just really like to hear what someone else thinks. Thanks.

Any advice is gladly appericaited.
Im 16 and I wrestle and got into a few fights all around the same time period. I never went unconscious but I had two concussions. I was feeling out of it for a bit but im better now. a MAIN concern is that my ears never stop having a faint ringing and my vision is really messed up. I see stars 24/7 and it never goes away. its like my eyes are flashing or I describe it as a million moving pixels and i get floaters. I cant tell if this is PCS or permanent. I was just wondering if you could describe your vision more clear to see if ours are similar. I fear itll never go away. its been 9 months off and on. I tried wrestling again and I drink sometimes and from then on it hasnt gone away.
xnicx888 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote