View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 05:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxxcrystalxxxx View Post
I dont know how many of you are sick of hearing this phrase. I know it takes time. I've giving eight months of time. All I do is sit here day after day while life moves on around me. I see a neurologist, neuropsychologist, neurosurgeon and a therapist. They all say the same thing. I see them once a month only to be told come back next month. One of my neuro's said he didn't know what to do to help me so we do nothing. Script more meds and see me back in about three months.

I'm not sure if enough is being done. I still have this awful whooshing sound and head pressure. Today I woke up and my left eye hurt so bad. (new to me) I had a headache but the eye pain concerned me. I thought it was going to pop out. I layed down and when I woke up it's better but still hurting. I wonder is something else is going on with me. When I ask they say I'm anxious. Well who wouldn't be. I'm an active, take charge and get er done type of person and now I'm forced to be inactive and take a wait and see approach. Is there more than I can do?
I'm like you - a git 'er done kind of person. A-type.

I would suggest finding a way to get off the meds. I didn't get on them at all and have survived without them. Also find a way to do "therapy" by playing games, doing puzzles, doing things you've never done before (that are safe).

Plan for times with activity, and times with rest. Gauge yourself every week or two to see if you've progressed or have someone gauge you.
Hit by a car while on a training ride on a bicycle Aug. 17, 2011. Loss of consciousness, road rash, left leg issues, head trauma, broken bicycle. Dealing with PCS - short term memory loss, verbal memory loss, attention loss, slow processing speed, irritability, anxiety, word-finding troubles, impulsive, tinnitus, fatigue, OCD. Intellect intact, motor skills intact, other cognitive skills intact. Motivated to get better!
bh_pcs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote