View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 03:51 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New to NeuroTalk

I'm currently at PsychCentral with the same username, so I'm not sure if I should make a thread in here but I am anyway. Right now I'm finishing up my undergraduate (HBSc) and waiting to hear back to do my Masters degree in the field of neuroscience/neurophysiology, rehab science, physiology, infectious diseases and cancer, pharmacology or kinesiology. It's a long list since my interests are not within just one particular area and I realized all those areas are inter-related. I'm here to gain insight into various pathologies as I've read them in books and papers or perhaps wrote a research paper for a course but never even communicated with someone who is afflicted. I'm also here to perhaps learn a bit of myself.

Ever since I was a young kid, I had an excellent visual memory and to this day, if I think of something or somewhere, I can almost "see" it in front of me and run through it all in my head. There are a few exceptions, such as I'm horrible with street names and addresses, although it's not math-related as I'm pretty good at math, I've taken several university level courses. In particular, if someone asks me for directions or I want to go somewhere, the only way I can figure out the layout is memorizing how everything looks, where landmarks are and even small details, such as the number of cars in a driveway, the colour of houses (as best as I can manage given I have poor colour vision). My father can almost intuitively know his cardinal directions, that is, he'll accurately know where North, South, East or West are, while I'm left guessing as I truly have no idea. My watch has a small compass built in, although it's now damaged but when it wasn't, that was the only way I could know where North was.

I seem to have written a small novel here, it was not my intent.
Oxidopamine is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Rrae (03-07-2012)