View Single Post
Old 04-04-2007, 08:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

She deals more in the thyroid area, but also diabetes. My mom's endocrinologist seems strictly just for diabetes, didn't even care to persue taking me on as a patient. My pdoc, said it's cause that endo is more into treating diabetes, when I remarked that maybe mom's endo didn't want to take me on cause my mom is his patient and he'd feel odd.
But now I realize I was referred to the right (I hope) endo for thyroid disorders, I see her in May and we'll work further, probably going for needle aspiration for the nodules, cause the med helped shrink one nodule, but last ultrasound (only2-3months after the first) showed I grew 2 more nodules, seems strange that they are growing so fast, makes me fear cancer.
My cousin had thyroid cancer, they removed the thyroid, and have him on permanent thyroid meds. and no cancer had been found to have spread.
A friend of our family's, started with thyroid cancer (wasn't treated when it should have been) which spread and caused breast cancer which then spread like wildfire . . . she died.
Many stories I keep hearing, make me more inclined to keep on top of this.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! to my former GP's that for years told me I felt so lousy cause I was depressed, and would write scripts for anti-depressants, bah!!!
Oh well I can't cry over spilled milk, but I'm still disappointed I never was taken seriously, and I could of probably been saved of years of feeling unwell.
Sorry, for my rant, and thanks for your reply.
I don't get here often, so this reply may have come late, thanks again for your reply.

DE
darkeyes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote