View Single Post
Old 04-04-2007, 10:41 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

MELODY,
From someone with a lot of experience with I.V.I.g. and home care
1- orders from your doctors will be printed up with the type of gamma globulin. It should be the same as Alan received in the hospital, the amount to be given in grams, the time frame or cc's per hour may be included. If it is not then you can check with your neuro office. I think you said four hours right?
The one thing then it has to be four hours not one, two nor three. The biggest problem I have encountered was almost every nurse, started out ok and then the same pattern started of upping rate. Don't let that happen. Just because a b/p or pulse is stable, which is fine and good, it can be the after effects that can cause the problems with headaches etc. If you can get a pump all the better or the nurse will use the flow dial. The biggest problem is rate related. Keep you eye out for this as that was my biggest problem with home care. People can be nice, doing the job right is what you need. The nurses don't worry about, they are usually doing paper work also. They have to follow the orders. Too quick a rate= problems for patients. Otherwise your on track. The Tylenol and Benadryl, the nurse usually wants you to wait for her to get there, so she see one take it. Good luck.
GUMBY is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote