View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 01:05 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I've been following Crosby's progress as well and mirror my expectations (as an athlete) to how well I will recover based on his experiences. Of course, there's not such a thing as contact in cycling except when you meet the ground.

I've also read articles on many cyclists that have had PCS because of crashing. The one most notable was Jens Voigt a few years back when he met the asphalt down a mountain pass at 50+mph in the Tour de France. He lost consciousness for 20 minutes and in an interview several months after the crash, you can see his scars and obviously he was shaken by the event. Now he still rides, taking part in the current Paris-Nice race. I have plenty of questions to ask him and how he recovered.
Hit by a car while on a training ride on a bicycle Aug. 17, 2011. Loss of consciousness, road rash, left leg issues, head trauma, broken bicycle. Dealing with PCS - short term memory loss, verbal memory loss, attention loss, slow processing speed, irritability, anxiety, word-finding troubles, impulsive, tinnitus, fatigue, OCD. Intellect intact, motor skills intact, other cognitive skills intact. Motivated to get better!
bh_pcs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote