View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 03:05 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

wow... 6 weeks? That is so young! Just a baby.

The microchipping is an excellent idea. I think the database is connected to our state government these days so that if a cat (or dog) is lost outside the area where they live then they're able to be tracked.

Actually, all cats must be registered with local govt. council here in my area. It used to be just dogs. Problem is that the council sends out a tag that's supposed to be worn on a collar. My cat (really was my daughter's cat) will not wear a collar so I don't see the point in registering. (she is desexed and chipped). Microchipping is not mandatory yet, but it's getting cheaper and cheaper so most people do it.

I think the council runs a free day or a discount day (not sure) in a local park here and the qualified people set up a couple of tents and people can go down and have it done there and then. On the other hand, regarding registering, I think big brother wants to know how many cats live in the area I guess. Lots of councils here are pretty anti-cat because they can kill birds and other wildlife. I hope the day never comes when we all have to build cat enclosures in our yards to keep them contained. I do understand their point but ....
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (03-07-2012)