View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 03:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile information

This is just for information, it not intended to be aggressive (just FYI-ness)
I’m going to comment here on a few things:

“The dessicated forms come from pigs, and T3 content is going to be different from each pig, because stress and other factors, determine how much is actually produced.”

This statement is false, Natural Dessicated Thyroid (NDT) hormone replacement medication has almost an exact amount of T3 per tablet.

Also not false but maybe misleading:

“Remember with most Hashimoto's there is still some thyroid function. When that occurs, you can still make some T3 yourself from the gland.”

When you take any kind of thyroid replacement medication your own thyroid should not produce anymore T4, this process is called “deregulation”, the thyroid will continue to make T4 only if you are NOT taking enough medication.

False statement with regards to NDT:

“Almost all thyroid should be in the morning on an empty stomach,
and no food or calcium containing liquids for a hour!”

NDT can be chewed and taken before eating. And as long as you maintain the same schedule, for instance I always take my medication in the morning with the same breakfast, then your levels are going to be checked with consistency.

I would only take one quarter of your daily dose at night otherwise you will have side effects (just my personal experience only).

agree, I would not take calcium, iron and magnesium at or near the time you take thyroid medication.

All Hashimoto’s patients should NOT take synthyroid because it contains gluten and Hashi’s peeps should not have gluten in any form.

I currently take 240mg, a good starting dose is 60mg increased every two weeks by 30mg up to a dose of 120mg, then retest, then continue to increase that dose every two weeks by 30mg until your Free T3 is above 3 and your Free T4 is above 1.

TSH levels ON thyroid medication should always be less than 1.0 (period). If not you are and will experience symptoms of hypothyroidism.

As far as iodine supplements, only those without Hashi’s should even try iodine and only with a specific protocol that includes taking required vitamins before starting iodine treatment.

All this information is brought to you from things I have learned from 1,000’s of people over the years and my personal ability to understand technical scientific data. You can find most of the information on a website called “Stop the Thyroid Maddness.com”.

Let me know if there’s any questions.
joojee22 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Doody (03-14-2012)