View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 10:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Thank you mrs.D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Welcome to NeuroTalk:

If your R-lipoic is not the "stabilized" form (it will say NaRALA on the label, even on empty stomach, it may not be absorbed.

The newer form NaRALA is far superior for absorption and is relatively new. Doctor's Best is one form.

100mg a day of that may be all you need.

What comes to mind reading your introduction is gluten intolerance. This can make for some VERY itchy rashes!
It can also lead to neuropathy, and other nutrient deficiencies due to malabsorption in the intestine.
I maybe going about trying to treat the neuropathy wrong. I was doing somewhat better in the last few days but today and yesterday the burning in my feet increased. When I started taking r-ala my hair became ultra dry and lots of breakage I started taking biotin to counter the r-ala because it started after I started with the formula pills I take. Can high amounts of biotin cause neuropathy? I also take Ibuprofen for the pain, I try not to take more than 4 a day. Does it cause neuropathy? I drink alot of water and try to stay away from diet sodas, I was drinking quite a bit but now I'am down to 1/2 a can a day. I weigh 120, I never smoke and I quite drinking 9 months ago. I try to eat healthy and try not to eat more than 220 carbs a day. I eat yogurt, cereals, berries, nuts chicken, fish, lean pork chops lots of greens, squash, some beans, cabbage,some potatoes. I have noticed that if I eat sweets it seems that my symptoms are worse. I try to stay away from sweets. Thank goodness my rashes are gone. Do I need to take the glucose intolerance test even though my doctor took blood twice and checked for diabetes and thyroid problems. My doctor said all my numbers were good and come back in a year. I would like to take the other supplements that you suggest I found the list but I couldn't find the amounts.
I will keep looking, there is so much to absorb in just a little bit of time since I have been a member. Thanks you again, Wanda
w.wilkes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote