View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 03:06 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Terrified about my fiance

Hi, I thought I'd come and introduce myself in this section, because I might need some support here.

My partner had a fall and hit his head on Saturday. He's in hospital with a fractured skull, an acute subdural haematoma and 2 brain contusions. They haven't operated; the bleed is small enough that they're happy to observe him for the time being.

I'm terrified. He seemed to be making a bit of improvement but if anything, has gone backwards. He's conscious but so confused, not eating, and didn't talk to me at all yesterday. They've scanned him again but there's no change. A neurosurgeon told me that one of the contusions is in the area of the brain that controls speech and understanding, but they don't think there will be any lasting damage.

I'm still terrified though. We're due to get married in 6 months, we have a young baby, and I just don't know what the future holds for us now. Praying that he's going to be okay. I understand that with TBI, age is a big factor - he's only 33 so hopefully this will go in his favour with recovery.
jamiesgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote