View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 08:52 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wink

Thanks for asking, Kitty:

She slowed down around 8pm and hid in her tent (which is mostly a play area). So I took that as a wearing off of the pain
control. So I gave her one of her doses of pain medication.

She followed me upstairs and wanted to play the "stick" game.
This is where I have a stick under the covers and move it around and she studies it. I used to do this often when she was tiny when she got overwrought playing. It sort of hypnotizes her in the end and last night she was asleep in 5mins flat. She stayed with me for about 3 hrs, and we both fell asleep. I got up around midnight and she and Weez were looking for trouble, so I played "stick" again down here, came online and then went back to bed. She is eating a bit more today, no vomiting, no over working the incision site, and seems alert and watching things as usual. She is not having the psychotic reactions Weez had last year, and her incision is much much smaller too. Looks like better technique too. So I am now very glad I didn't cave for Oreo to have that surgery back last fall at the Cat Practice!

Dr. Pierre is sooooo much better!

Weez is happy to have her back too. Today Weez was lying on her back, feet in the air near where I was playing "stick" with
Houdini-- looking coy and cute and watching her friend play who returned to home! We also got two more stuffies from the free jar at the Vet's, filled with catnip. Weez has appropriated them already!
I kept one in Houdini's cage, and I think it helped calm her, as she does not cry in the car with a toy to keep her company. I hope this works this summer on vacation! Weez carried on almost the whole trip last July! ugh!

I have to say Houdini just has this wonderful personality. The tech at the Vet's also commented on it. She was easy to handle, didn't get hysterical, and took everything well. So far so good.
I'll be keeping an eye on her closely today too.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (03-08-2012), Blessings2You (03-08-2012), Chemar (03-08-2012), Dejibo (03-08-2012), Kitty (03-08-2012), Lara (03-08-2012)