View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 10:02 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Mark, you seem to be very knowledgeable about these things. Please help me. I just want answers, and a direction to go in.

It all started with a very traumatic car accident. I was 15 years old so I know my brain was still developing. I was a pedestrian and a car struck me, sending my head onto the windshield, breaking the glass and rolling over the top of the car. The first three days I had no consciousness. The weeks after I had problems remembering who I even was. When asked my name, sometimes I would give out silly answers, like a name from long ago that wouldn't even make sense. Things have gotten better since then, with my memory at least. I am 22 years old now.

The problems I face today are hard to understand, and family members outside of my parents just say, "Oh he's just being Alex." but they are not around me as much as my mom is. Dad, well let's just say he brought things to attention a day ago. If he notices something irregular, it has to be a problem.

He's noticed to that I have a hard time focusing attention. Going to college I suffered greatly from it. Sometimes my parents will tell me to do something, and almost instantly I lose track of what I was doing. My sleep schedules are always sporadic, always waking up at roughly the same time. I could fall asleep, no matter how late I stay up, and still wake in the 6:00-7:00 time range. I've even went to sleep at 4:00 and woke up around 6:00. It's like my head has wired me to wake up at the times I used to for school back in those days. No matter how long I sleep, I still feel fatigued throughout the day. I've constantly battled depression through the years too. I am finding myself almost completely unable to multitask anything. I have terrible mood swings that can snap me into an anger rage within seconds. I have drastic mood swings often. I am sensitive to and easily irritated by loud noises.

It doesn't help much either that I am completely socially backward and have a distaste for people in general. I can't find a job, well, not since I was in high school, and even then it was hard for me to focus and learn the routine of the job. Pair that with a rush hour of customers and my anxieties shot through the roof. I'm worried these issues might cause problems in the work place, and are worrying me that they are even keeping me from getting a job. Everyone has always told me these are normal things. I used to believe so before. Now, I'm not so sure.

Please, help me with some input. I don't know what to do or where to go for this sort of thing. I'm tired of being scared and angry at what the future may bring.
08whitea is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote