View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 01:26 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

jamiesgirl,

Welcome, I am so sorry to hear of your fiance's injury. I can't imagine how scary your life is right now.

it sounds like he is where he needs to be as they watch and wait. A TBI like he suffered can be a roller coaster ride as the brain tries to heal.

Unfortunately, nobody can predict how he is going to be in 6 months. Every brain injury heals differently. There is a great resource available online. It is the TBI Survival Guide at www.tbiguide.com

It will explain some of the symptoms your are noticing. Becoming knowledgeable about TBI will be very important as you prepare to support him in his recovery. Something that is important during his recovery is to keep stress levels low. As much as you are anxious to know about the future, it will be best if you can act like you are just patiently waiting for him.

When he is not communicative, maybe you can read to him is a soft tone. It will give you something to do and he will benefit from your voice in a pleasant tone. This helps his brain to relax and have a soft focus.

My heart goes out to you both in this time of wondering about the future. The brain is an amazing thing and can accomplish unexpected things.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
EsthersDoll (03-08-2012)