View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 04:14 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks so much for the replies, I'll have a look at the TBIguide link in a minute.

Mark, I hadn't thought of reading to him. He was actually a lot better today than yesterday, and the most communicative he's been since the accident. He's also managing to sit up out of his bed and eat now, which is a huge improvement. I know we've got a long journey ahead but it feels like he's moving in the right direction again.

I'm really worried though about some other aspects of his health and how they might be affected by his accident. Firstly, he's a type 1 diabetic and his sugar levels are quite erratic at the moment which obviously they're keeping in check with insulin - but I'm concerned about what effect this could have on his recovery. The levels are too high rather than too low.

Secondly, he is an existing sufferer of OCD. He manages it quite well with an anti-depressant (citalopram) but I've read that OCD can often develop following a TBI. What about somebody who's already got it though? Am I to assume that it could get worse? I know I'm wanting answers that can't be given.

esthersdoll, we're in the UK, luckily his job will be held open for him and he'll receive full pay whilst he's off, up to 6 months I believe.
jamiesgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
EsthersDoll (03-08-2012)