View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 12:14 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Advocate here for developmentally delayed children and adults.

Hello Sampy, If you would like any assistance, Im trained and know all the laws to show you how to help your daughter ( resources avail ) to her through schools as well with other agencies.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
Hello, sampy and welcome to NeuroTalk

My daughter started saying "just kill me, I don't want to be like this" and self injury when she was about 7 years old . She was diagnosed with ADD, ODD, Dyspraxia and a mood disorder.

That was 10 years ago, she is 17 now. Through the years there have been ups and downs, the downs being really bad at times.

Last year she had a doctor try to diagnose her as Bi-polar. My daughter's Psychiatrist dis-agreed and said she would stand by what she has said till the day she dies...My daughter is not Bi-polar. Her Psychiatrist said quite a few children are wrongly diagnosed with bi-polar - bi-polar in children is very rare.

The best advice I can give you - Pay close attention to any negative changes your daughter may have. That could be a sign the medications are not working currectly anymore or the medication is not a good fit for her. I have found meds and/or dosages need to be adjusted sometimes.

With just the diagnosis of ADD your daughter qualifies for help with school work under the 504 and can get an Individual Education Plan (IEP).
Hopefullkind is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote