View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 06:33 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Well...the burning pain, color changes, temperature changes, and swelling definitely could be CRPS/RSD. I have it in my neck and I can definitely feel for you on how painful it can be. My fingers/hands sometimes go numb or get tingling sensations and I have come to the conclusion that this is because of the swelling and puffiness. Not necessarily that those directly cause it but that it is easier to me to sit or lay in the wrong position which then causes the numbness.

I'm not a doctor so I can't really tell you if RSD is more or less likely to actually be the diagnosis but you definitely have some of the symptoms so it would be worth it to visit a pain management doctor and a neurologist to see what they think. RSD is not well understood at all by many doctors so finding the right one can be a challenge.

I am very sorry to hear what you are going through and I hope that you are able to find someone who can help you soon. If you have any more questions or even if you just need to vent a little...we are here for you. Good luck and take care.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
alt1268 (03-09-2012), tecky (03-09-2012)