View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 06:43 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ger715 View Post
I had migraines since my teens. Eventually went to a Neurologist that prescirbed the prevention meds. I was also prescribed Inderal; but along with the Inderal, I was prescribed Elavil. The two work together as a migraine preventative. I am surprised Elavil was not added to your Inderal.
This did help, along with some bio-feedback training for relaxation techniques.
They were helpful as well. This was some years ago.

I no longer get the migraines as frequent; but still do get at least once or twice a month. I take Imitrex. This has been the best aid to helping once the migraine has started. The sooner taken, the better. The doctor prescribes 50 mg tablets. They come in a quantity of 9 in a folder. I cut the 50 mgs in half, thus actually taking 25 mg's. The cost for the 50 mg's was the same as the cost for the 25 mg's. By getting the 50 mg's, cutting in half, I get a quantity of 18.

Hope this info will be of help. I cannot recommend the Imitrex highly enough. It has been a Godsend.

(ger)
Thank you for your reply! I used to take Imitrex but it stopped working for me. That is why I was switched to Relpax.

Is Elavil the same thing as Amitriptiline? If so, I'm allergic to it. Was on it for my Fibromyalgia a few years ago.

That is a great idea cutting the Imitrex in half!
Peaceful1tou is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote