View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 08:40 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Help Strange smell

Well the Fish Oil (Omega 3) soft gels that I bought had a slight fishy odder when I bought them but said NOTHING on the bottle about storing it in the fridge nor keeping them in a cool place. I did however put them in a vitamin/supplement drawer I have in my dresser. This is usually at about room temperature. But at 4 weeks I've noticed I need to throw out the bottle because of the growing fishy odder and the fact that when I take one I need to pee a lot after and have gas. I could be wrong but a long time ago I bought supplements that said to "keep refrigerated after opening" that I'm pretty sure were Fish Oil caps. I just wasted good money on a 180 count bottle and nowhere on the bottle do they tell us how to store them correctly. Am I wrong in assuming Fish Oil should be "refrigerated" or will the cold destroy it's healthy properties? I know I'm sort of repeating the main question here but I just wanted to share my experience with them turning bad at room temp with no warning on the bottle. I used the "Nature's Bounty" brand I got at a local Supermarket. You'd think for health reasons they'd warn us.
dsme13 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote