View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 11:37 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Red face

Weezie is sooooo different from Houdini! LOL She is certainly unique too! She missed Houdini terribly and it was only until 4pm same day! Today she was trilling for Houdini, to come and play some. Yesterday she was so proud to fit into her old spot on the CPU...She just loves it there and since she lost a bit of her "substantial-ness" on the new food, is more spritely too. Houdini is spooked by the vibrations and sounds it makes and does not linger in that spot, unlike Weez who will nap in there for hours.
Weez has returned to her fetching play daily. She loves black twist-ems and brings them to me, and will retrieve 20+ times some days. I think she thinks they are like the cords around the computer...which she was always into when a kitten. She will sometimes bring me a twist em to play and dump it right on a nest of cords next to me where the big battery/APC surge protector is. I'll ask if she "is ready?" and she gets into a certain position and squeals an answer. Houdini watches avidly and does not understand the fetch too well. But she will bring me a toy to start the game, but does not retrieve more than once or twice. I have some business cardboards along the wall leading to the room here (which is an add on "office")..and when Weez was a kitten she shredded the plastic holding them--that was a big game/toy. I used these for when I gave speeches, to groups, etc as support for teaching aids. Well over time Weez created tunnels between them, to run thru and when Houdini came she became more attached to these 3 white cardboards. They now play hide/seek, and run thru between them..every day sometimes knocking them down and jumping over etc. I don't have the heart to move them now.

Oh, you don't think Houdini looks "frightening" sometimes?
I think that is why she was not picked by the first person who went to that litter for adoption. She is certainly the "handsomest" of the 4 kittens and the sweetest. And then again maybe it is my childhood haunting me ... my mother was always vocal about cats leaping at her wanting to try and tear her throat out. We left our first two when we were married with her when we went upNorth once for 2 weeks... that was a BIG mistake. ugh!
And I could never have a cat when living at home! She was of course totally irrational!
The Ukranian lady who watched me after school, had a fluffy tabby which I adored though.

I have this other photo of Weez from January this year, taken in low light, without a flash...so it is a bit orange. But it is also cute, and playful too. And her substantial behind is more substantial than it is today too!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 03-12-2013 at 04:43 AM.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Chemar (03-09-2012), Kitty (03-09-2012)