View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 01:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi ~ Hope you check back. Yes, I had a L4-5 herniation and it was a doozy. I had pain from the back, down the leg and into the foot. I herniated it in August, and the surgeon waited until January to do surgery. Before I had surgery, I had injections, physical therapy, etc. and nothing worked. After surgery, I had a few good months, but then the pain returned big time. Basically, the surgery didn't work for the PAIN, but it fixed the herniation.

If you're having bladder problems, you NEED to see a surgeon quickly. You don't want this to become permanent! Are you having bowel problems too? You might be on your way to cauda equina syndrome which is an emergency situation. Have your doctor refer you to a Neurosurgeon as soon as possible. And let us know how it turns out.

Best of luck & God bless. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (03-09-2012)