View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 02:09 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Kathy,

I'm happy to hear that this information has helped people. I know that many of the "professionals" in the medical industry are only interested in a paycheck, and I'm sorry to hear that you have been mistreated by apathetic doctors. I think the most therapeutic service any health professional can give is compassion.

I am glad to hear you have found success in some of the areas I have been exploring, such as meditation. I am very evidence oriented, and therefore I have a difficult time wrapping my head around Reiki, especially since it is apparently highly dependent on the practitioner, and there is no way of measuring how effective they are. That said, I don't dismiss anything, and know that there are certainly variables that I can't explain (such as the energetic meridians in acupuncture and Qi Gong).

I absolutely believe positive thought and attitude is essential. If you understand that your brain is in charge of your body, you also can understand that your brain is in charge of itself. If you can change your brain, you can change your body. In the case of CRPS, I believe that if you can change the limbic brain and autonomic nervous system, you can have a significant impact on the outcomes of CRPS.

It is funny how you talk about sounding new age, but the more I research, the more new age I become. Research supports what all of these "strange" new-age practitioners have been advocating over the decades. The brain/mind has ultimate control over the body, and to treat the body without treating the mind is a ludicrous approach. Hopefully that will soon change, as research seems to support that it should.

-Jonathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathy d View Post
Thanks Jonathan for sharing your knowledge and professional opinions with us. It is nice to know that professionals like you do exist since we have all seen so many people that just don't care about us and want to give us meds and send us home to suffer alone.

I've had full-body rsd and some other neuro diseases for over 6 plus years now and like said above I will not own them. I firmly believe I will be completely cured of rsd. I think a positive mindset is a huge tool in getting rid of it. I have used and done every kind of pain med, med, PT, lidocaine, ketamine, etc...the list goes on and on. What I have found that worked for me was gentle chiropractics, Reiki (with some Qi Gong), Accupuncture, meditation, and the last year natural vitamins and minerals in an iv that started out every two weeks and now is once a month. I do pray alot and try to laugh once each day no matter what. I think of rsd not as my disease but as my journey. Also, before rsd I had taken about two years of yoga which has helped me immensely esp the breathing and meditation parts of the program. I have put myself on my own PT program and I am doing better now that last year after I suffered a fall in ICU during ketamine treatment...I thought I was going to die for months the pain was incredible. And I was withdrawn on fentanyl cold turkey which was not a pleasant experience for sure. This is not a fast journey but it is a journey that must be taken both mentally and physically as well. Boy, now I sound so new age huh? lol. I have always believed in a more natural approach to any illness and prior to rsd never even took tylenol.

I am very happy to hear any other ideas you may have that would help us. You should be so proud of yourself for helping us...like I said not many professionals really understand or take the time to understand rsd and what we go through each day. It is a pleasure to know you.
Thanks,
kathy d
blueskies is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote