View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 02:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi tecky! So sorry for what you are going through.

I do not have RSD/CRPS in my cervical spine, I do have it in my left shoulder down to my hand. I have narrowing in my cervical spine on that same side, so it pinches nerves there. My dr did blocks but they didn't help me much, only the spinal cord stimulator I have now has helped my pain.

My dr wanted to do a RFA procedure on me in my lower back because of issues I had after getting the thoracic stimulator implanted. He decided after the diagnostic injections not to do the RFA for fear of causing RSD in my back from damaging the nerve (I have RSD in various other parts of my body too). From what I understand, RFA can be rather risky but I am not a doctor so I cannot tell you if RSD is your problem or not. My brother had that procedure for migraines and did great - it helped him drastically! My advise to you would be to get in with a knowledgeable dr soon. If it is RSD, then you need to get treatment started asap. If it is not RSD, well then they need to figure it out so you can get better!!

Wishing you the best!
Nanc
Nanc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote